Posts Tagged ‘Online Marketing’
1. Produce Remarkable, Attention Grabbing Content
Everything starts with remarkable content i.e. content worth remarking on and linking to. Do you have unique, timely content? Does you content solve a problem? Does you content provide a new insight? Does you content spark controversy? Does you content start – or contribute to – a conversation?
If your content can’t be crawled, you won’t rank. Ensure your site is easily accessible to both humans and search engine spiders.
3. Build Links
Google’s algorithm is heavily weighted towards links. Beg, buy, or earn links, and rankings follow. Get your keywords into the link text. Building links also means building relationships with people. Spend a lot of time doing this, especially in the early stages.
4. Title Tag
It is debatable how much ranking value the title tag has, both it definitely has click-thru value. Your listing fights for attention with all the other links on page. What will make people click your link?
Learn the lessons of Adwords. Match your title tag to the keyword query. Solve a users problem. Arouse curiosity.
5. On-Page Content
Forget endless on-page tweaking. Largely a waste of time. Instead, keep a few keyword phrases in mind when writing. Use semantic variations of your terms in order to help catch long tail terms. Link your page to related pages, using keyword terms in the link.
• From an analytics perspective, what is different between a user from organic search results vs. a type-in user?
• you distinguish the results of your search optimization work from a seasonal change in traffic patterns?
• What is Phrase Based Indexing and Retrieval and what roles does it play?
• What is Alexa ranking?
• What is Latent Semantic Analysis (LSI Indexing)?
• What do you think of using XML sitemaps?
• What is rss?
• What is pad file?
• Use of bookmarking sites
• Define viral marketing
• Do you have experience in extensive competitive analysis and what techniques do you use?
• Do you have experience in bid management tools, API tools, and click fraud issues?
• Do you have experience in email marketing, banner advertising, other types of media buys and other forms of online advertising?
• Are you familiar with A/B testing and multivariate testing?
• Are you familiar with enterprise web analytics and what packages are your familiar with?
• Are you familiar with any blackhat SEO techniques, search arbitrage, and affiliate marketing?
• What are your thoughts on the direction of Web 2.0 technologies with regards to SEO?
• Do you have experience in copywriting and can you provide some writing samples?
• Have you attended any search related conferences
OMCAR 2008 is going to be the World’s first online marketing careers conference. Hosted by OM Careers (a non-profit organization & an online marketing careers community) OMCAR is designed to create a confluence for the burgeoning Online Marketing Industry and the Professional talent who dream to be a part of it.
Who should attend
Bachelors, engineering or management graduate looking for career in OM
OM Professionals exploring further career options
Sales, Marketing, Web design & development Professionals looking for OM opportunities
OM Agencies or corporations with in-house OM teams interested in hiring OM talent
To Register Visit – http://conference.omcareers.org/